Thanks to parent volunteers and fundraising revenue, the Patrick Henry PTA is able to provide a number of valuable programs for our students, families and educators throughout the year. Some highlights include:
AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT: Our Enrichment Program offers elective classes, held after school (3:45-4:45 pm), that give students a chance to exercise intellectual, physical and creative energies through hands-on and participatory classes. Classes have included art, music, fitness, sports, language, science and more. Click HERE for more information.
BACK-TO-SCHOOL EVENTS: We kick-off each school year with summer play dates for rising kindergartners and a huge back-to-school picnic for all our students, families and school staff to come together and celebrate the end of summer and beginning of school.
BOOK FAIR: Each year, a book fair is held and children and parents can browse and purchase books. The Book Fair is a wonderful opportunity to continue to encourage reading and support our library at the same time.
“HENRY GIVES BACK” COMMUNITY GIVING AND FUND: We assist our school counselors in coordinating Snowflake Gift Drive during the holiday season, providing food and other gift cards for families in need, funding scholarships for summer school, and stocking the Patrick Henry clothing closet.
INTERNATIONAL NIGHT: Each year, we host our International Night to celebrate the wonderful and rich diversity that makes our school community to special.
PTA GRANTS: The PTA gives grade level, specials and school‐wide program grants that directly support and enrich the curricula and help provide new approaches to learning. Many of these grants allow students to go on educational field trips not otherwise possible.
TEACHER APPRECIATION: The Patrick Henry PTA supports school staff through sponsoring teacher luncheons during conference days, coordinating activities for teacher appreciation week and other recognition days, recognizing staff on special occasions, recognizing the custodial staff for their hard work, and providing each teacher with a $50 start of the year gift card to furnish their classrooms. Funds are also provided to the Principal to support activities such as the Honor/BUG role, extra field trip buses and other school needs throughout the year.
OTHER PROGRAMS/EVENTS/INITIATIVES: The Patrick Henry PTA provides direct support for programs, events, initiatives and equipment purchases to support our students’ learning, our community and our school.
- Healthy Lifestyles: We were awarded a National PTA grant to promote Energy In/Energy Out message to families. Funding was used to purchase heart rate monitors, Arcadia Farms Mobile Market visits & more.
- Get Moving Grant: We were awarded a $1,000 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card from Harris Teeter.
- National Blue Ribbon School Announcement: We provides celebratory goodies, a metal school plaque and NBRS flags.
- Improvement of Outdoor Play Spaces: We recently updated the play space on Highland Street Blacktop.
- Indoor Improvements: We fund items that improve the look of our school and that provide increased educational and recreational opportunities for our students. For example, we have purchased new Bulldog carpet for the lobby and morning news equipment.
- Principal’s Wish List: Each year, we purchase items requested by the Principal, like a high quality Laminator/film/cart, electronic Die Cut machine, Book Binder/bindings, Indoor Recess kits, Tetherball, Smartboard Retrofits, and more.
- School Supplies Kits: We coordinate the ordering and delivery of school supply kits each year.
Our 2015-2016 Year in Review highlights our programs and activities for the year.