Save the Dates to Come Talk to Us About Homework!
We want your input! Patrick Henry is reviewing homework across all grade levels. The PTA, in partnership with Principal Turner and Assistant Principal Snyder, would like to provide parent input to this process through facilitated small group discussion sessions. We hope you can attend one of the sessions. The sessions will be for parents only and will be facilitated by Patrick Henry parent Christine Brittle, PhD, a trained facilitator. Parents will have an opportunity to freely and confidentially discuss homework. Summaries of the meeting will be prepared and provided to Mrs. Turner and Ms. Snyder to help provide the parent perspective.
Sessions will be held at the school on the following dates and times:
- Mon Jan 9 from 6:30 to 7:30 for K-1st grade parents
- Wed Jan 11 from 6:30 to 7:30 for 2nd-3rd grade parents
- Thurs Jan 12 from 6:30 to 7:30 for 4th-5th grade parents
- Fri Jan 13 from 9:30 to 10:30 for parents with kids in all K-5th grades who can’t make the evening sessions
- Tell us about homework in your household, including how long it takes, when it’s done, how much help is needed, etc.
- What impact, if any, do you see homework having on your child?
- What do you like about homework? What do you dislike?
We hope you will attend one of the sessions above. The sessions are for parents only and, unfortunately, childcare cannot be provided. We ask you to RSVP so we know how many people to expect.
Hope to see you there!